PROGRAM START TIME
We plan to start the next round of training in January 2018.
To start at any time: You can get a head start on your Program and prepare via doing readings, listening to recordings of past Core Courses, and starting your 1-to-1 practica (sessions with a Lifespace Trainer, and possibly being a client for advanced Lifespace students).
The best time to start the Program is at the beginning of a 2-year cycle with the Foundation Skills (see Course 901).
The Program can be joined later, depending on your background. However, if you have not had training in the Foundation Skills, then you will usually need to take it via listening to recordings of past classes and having some foundation skills sessions with a Lifespace Trainer. The Program is grounded in the Foundation Skills, with different transformational tools being added as we proceed.
This is a part-time program. Full-time options are also available. Class size is small and intimate.
Make-ups are available if any class has to be missed. (Students can listen to recordings of the class session, plus make-up the practice aspects with fellow students.)
- Before you begin the Program: you are requested to begin your individual practicum requirements with at least one private consultation with Barbara Forest to personally & deeply experience the transformational processes, to decide if the Program is a fit for you, and to get a head start with the processes taught. This is part of your application procedure.
- Depending on how much time you have before your Program starts, you can prepare and get a head start by doing readings, listening to recordings of past Core Courses, and starting your 1-to-1 practica (sessions with a Lifespace Trainer, and possibly being a client for advanced Lifespace students).
FREE SEMINAR & PROGRAM ORIENTATION
Late Fall 2017 or Jan. 2018 (2 hours): Pathways of Transformation.
Meanwhile, you can have a personal program orientation with Barbara Forest. Click on Orientation for details.
In Toronto west end, just east of the High Park, south of Bloor Street. Location will be confirmed after registration. To register for the Orientation, please fill out the Online Application Form (no obligation) and RSVP at email@example.com
Note that you can also have a personal Orientation.
2018-2020 CORE COURSE SCHEDULE
(Click on Courses for course descriptions.)
Note that every effort is made to accommodate the timetables of the enrolled students. Let Barbara know your schedule requirements when you register.
Lifespace is developing an exciting new Program, to start in 2018.
The focus is three-fold: personal healing, relationship strengthening, and skills development.
The personal healing includes:
- Being able to provide for your own true needs as you reach your goals and desires in your life, unhindered by your former habitual fears and blocks.
- Discovering your own truths and deepening potential, with enhanced connection and expression in both your inner and outer life.
The relationship strengthening includes:
- Co-creative forward movement and healing with the significant others in your life.
The skills involve:
- How to continue your transformational journey in daily life.
- Developing self-help skills.
- Communication and conflict resolution skills for building strong loving healing relationships.
- How to be an excellent listener and facilitator for others’ healing journey.
- Being part of and learning how to build mutual-help networks.
- Imagine having the skills and knowledge to help others, who also have the skills to help you!
Who this Program is for:
This Program is geared towards people who value:
- Personal healing and evolving as a vital aspect of life.
- Reaching out to and helping others (and who have established enough personal strength to be ready to learn skills for doing so).
- Being part of mutually healing relationships.
A Transformational Journey: for Self, Relationships, and Helping Others
- Pathways of Transformation: healing personal wounds and dysfunctional patterns—inextricably interwoven with moving forward on one’s spiritual path.
- Discovering what it means to be a whole real person—the “True Self”—connecting with ever-deepening levels of Being.
- Exploring a spiritual pathway of inner healing and transformation.
- Moving through the human developmental stages to higher and higher levels of perspective and wholeness.
- Awareness of Spiritual Principles and how they relate to and can guide the inner therapeutic process.
- Learning Skills for Facilitating Others.
- These skills are vital for Transformational Counsellors.
- However, the heart of the program is—as well as personal transformation—the application of the processes to one’s daily life and relationships and to creating mutual-help networks:
- Journeying together in facilitative transformational relationships.
- Creating transformational personal relationships.
- Contributing to the healing and evolvement of the planet and all who reside here.
- Creating mutual-help networks:
- Helpful for ongoing personal support and inner work.
- Helpful for creating facilitative healing communities.
- Helpful for a client base.
- This will give an overloaded Social Worker, for example, time to do the in-depth therapeutic work, while the clients handle the day-to-day issues within themselves and with each other.
- Gives any clients skills for building community.
The same processes outlined in the 4 Core Courses will be taught, but in a new more integrated and streamlined manner than before, focusing on:
- Going through the process of personal transformation and healing, and learning skills for applying these in daily life. These processes include:
- Life-Centred Presence (including the compassionate witness) and Inner Resource Base.
- Transformational UnfoldingTM: how to make contact with wounded places and engage in a healing and transforming process: includes Focusing and Transformational Focusing.
- Empathy, Transformational Empathy, and Transformational Questions to help facilitate this.
- Transformational Integration of Inner PartsTM: contacting, transforming, and integrating former “Shadow” aspects of ourselves, resulting in an ever-expanding wholeness.
- Transformational Healing of Past HistoryTM.
- Transformational Belief WorkTM.
- Transformational RelationshipTM.
- Learning and applying skills for the facilitation of others’ personal transformation and healing.
- Learning consensus skills for working with larger groups.
- Creating Mutual-help networks: people learning the facilitative skills to help themselves and to help each other help themselves (helpful personally, for a client base, and for creating facilitative healing communities in general).
- Understanding Integral Theory (see Ken Wilber, The Religion of Tomorrow, 2017) and human developmental stages.
- Understanding Spiritual Principles and how they relate to and can guide the inner therapeutic process.
- Group Practicum:
These meeting involve review and consolidation of the skills taught in the class that month, along with supervised dyadic practice.
- Individual Practica (done outside of the group sessions):
- 1-to-1 Counselling Practica with Lifespace Students.
- Private tutorials with the Trainers to deepen understanding and personal healing.
- Private consultations with the Trainers, giving feedback on tape-recordings of one’s 1-to-1 Counselling Practica (if desired). This feedback greatly facilitates learning the skills, and is especially important for those planning on using them in a counselling practice. If a student already has outside clients, then they can bring in tape-recordings of these for feedback, as well.
The schedule is adjusted to find the best fit for the group.
- Each of the 4 Core Courses lasts for 6 months, and are held in this order: 901 (Foundation Skills), 923 (Integrating Inner Parts, Shadow Work), 914 (Relationship Skills), and 934 (Healing the Past and Limiting Beliefs). See Courses.
- Each course has its specific transformational focus. However, all the material is interwoven and integrated, and is responsive to students’ needs.
- 8-hour classes, held once a month, 10:30am–6:30pm (on a Saturday or Sunday).
- Tuition fees are paid in 6-month blocks (and include the tuition for the Group Practicum).
- Group Practicum: 4 hours monthly. Could be in a block or spread out, scheduled as the group desires.
- Individual Practica: scheduled as fits those involved.
- 1-to-1 Counselling Practica with Lifespace Students (no tuition fee).
- Private Tutorials and Consultations with Trainers (tuition fees for these are as they occur).
Note that the course and practicum tuition fees are currently being finalized, in consultation with the Co-Leaders.