PROGRAM START TIME
We plan to start the next round of training in October 2018.
Use September 2018 (and early October) to prepare and ensure a fit for you and the Program by:
- discussing your background and goals with Barbara Forest, PhD
- having a private counselling session with Barbara
- attending the Introductory Seminar (your first class) Saturday, September 15, 2-5 pm (see Orientation)
To start at any time: You can get a head start on your Program via doing readings and starting your 1-to-1 practica (counselling sessions with a Lifespace Trainer, and possibly being a client for advanced Lifespace students).
The best time to start the Program is at the beginning of a 2-year cycle with the Foundation Skills (see Course 901).
The Program can be joined later, depending on your background. However, if you have not had training in the Foundation Skills, then you will usually need to take it via listening to recordings of past classes and having some Foundation Skills sessions with a Lifespace Trainer. The Program is grounded in the Foundation Skills, with different transformational tools being added as we proceed.
This is a part-time program. Full-time options are also available. Class size is small and intimate.
- Before you begin the Program: you are requested to begin your individual practicum requirements with at least one private counselling session with Barbara Forest to personally & deeply experience the transformational processes, to decide if the Program is a fit for you, and to get a head start with the processes taught. This is part of your application procedure.
- Depending on how much time you have before your Program starts, you can prepare and get a head start by doing readings, and starting your 1-to-1 practica (sessions with a Lifespace Trainer, and possibly being a client for advanced Lifespace students).
FREE SEMINAR & PROGRAM ORIENTATION
Saturday September 15, 2-5 pm: Pathways of Transformation.
Click on Orientation for details.
In Toronto west end, just east of the High Park, south of Bloor Street. Location will be confirmed after registration. To register for the Orientation, please fill out the Online Application Form (no obligation) and RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that Barbara will also wish to personally discuss your background and goals with you, as part of the application process, to assure a mutual fit.
Note that every effort is made to accommodate the timetables of the enrolled students. Let Barbara know your schedule requirements when you register.
- 8-hour monthly classes, 10:30am–6:30pm (on Saturday or Sunday) with Barbara Forest & Co-Leader(s).
- Starting in October 2018, each of the 4 Core Courses lasts for 6 months, held in this order:
- 901 (Foundation Skills): October 2018–March 2019. Starts with 3 Saturdays in 2018: Oct. 13, Nov. 10, Dec. 8 (schedule can be re-negotiated, if all agree, once the group has gathered).
- 934 (Deepened Transformational Tools, Healing the Past and Releasing Limiting Beliefs): April–September 2019.
- 914 (Win-Win Relationship Skills, Healing and Strengthening): October 2019–March 2020.
- 923 (Integrate Inner Parts, Shadow Work, Dreams, Expressive Arts): April–September 2020.
- Each course has its specific transformational focus. However, all the material is interwoven and integrated, and is responsive to students’ needs. See Courses.
- The course order is also negotiable, according to the needs of a particular group. For example, we have made 934 the second course, because of the currently forming group’s wish for tools for trauma work.
- Tuition fees are paid in 6-month blocks (and include the tuition for the Group Practicum).
- Make-ups are available if any class has to be missed. (Students can listen to recordings of the class session, plus make-up the practice aspects with fellow students.)
- This is a 2-year Program.
- Group Practicum: 4 hours monthly with Co-Leader(s). In a block or spread out, scheduled as the group desires.
- Individual Practica: scheduled as fits those involved.
- 1-to-1 Counselling Practica with Lifespace Students (no tuition fee).
- Private Sessions and Consultations with Trainers (tuition fees for these are as they occur).
(Click on Courses for course descriptions.)
Lifespace is developing an exciting new Program, to start in 2018.
The focus is three-fold: personal healing, relationship strengthening, and skills development.
The personal healing includes:
- Being able to provide for your own true needs as you reach your goals and desires in your life, unhindered by your former habitual fears and blocks.
- Discovering your own truths and deepening potential, with enhanced connection and expression in both your inner and outer life.
The relationship strengthening includes:
- Co-creative forward movement and healing with the significant others in your life.
The skills (personal, relationship, and career):
- How to continue your transformational journey in daily life.
- Developing self-help skills.
- Communication and conflict resolution skills for building strong loving healing relationships.
- How to be an excellent listener and facilitator for others’ healing journey.
- Various levels are attainable for: personal relationships, human relations skills at work, and counselling.
- Being part of and learning how to build mutual-help networks.
- Having the skills and knowledge to help others, who also have the skills to help you!
Who this Program is for:
This Program is geared towards people who value:
- Personal healing and evolving as a vital aspect of life.
- Reaching out to and helping others (and who have established enough personal strength to be ready to learn skills for doing so).
- Being part of mutually healing relationships.
A Transformational Journey: for Self, Relationships, and Helping Others
- Pathways of Transformation: healing personal wounds and dysfunctional patterns—interwoven with moving forward on one’s spiritual path.
- Discovering what it means to be a whole real person—the “True Self”—connecting with ever-deepening levels of Being.
- Exploring a spiritual pathway of inner healing and transformation.
- Moving through the human developmental stages to higher and higher levels of perspective and wholeness.
- Awareness of Spiritual Principles and how they relate to and can guide the inner therapeutic process.
- Learning Skills for Facilitating Others.
- These skills are central for Transformational Personal Therapists/Counsellors.
- As well as personal transformation, a key aspect of the Program is also applying the processes to one’s daily life and relationships and to creating mutual-help networks:
- Carrying on the personal transformational processes in daily life.
- Creating transformational personal relationships.
- Creating mutual-help networks:
- Helpful for ongoing personal support and inner work.
- Helpful for creating facilitative healing communities.
- Helpful for a client base.
- This will give an overloaded Social Worker, for example, time to do the in-depth therapeutic work, while the clients handle the day-to-day issues within themselves and with each other.
- Gives clients skills for building community.
The same processes outlined in the 4 Core Courses will be taught, but in a new more integrated and streamlined manner than before, focusing on:
- Going through the process of personal transformation and healing, and learning skills for applying these in daily life. These processes include:
- Life-Centred Presence (including the compassionate witness) and Inner Resource Base.
- Transformational UnfoldingTM: how to make contact with wounded places and engage in a healing and transforming process: includes Focusing and Transformational Focusing.
- Empathy, Transformational Empathy, and Transformational Questions to help facilitate this.
- Transformational Integration of Inner PartsTM: contacting, transforming, and integrating former “Shadow” aspects of ourselves, resulting in an ever-expanding wholeness.
- Transformational Healing of Past HistoryTM.
- Transformational Belief WorkTM.
- Transformational RelationshipTM.
- Learning and applying skills for the facilitation of others’ personal transformation and healing.
- Learning consensus skills for working with larger groups.
- Creating Mutual-help networks: people learning the facilitative skills to help themselves and to help each other help themselves (helpful personally, for a client base, and for creating facilitative healing communities in general).
- Understanding Integral Theory (see Ken Wilber, The Religion of Tomorrow, 2017) and human developmental stages.
- Understanding Spiritual Principles and how they relate to and can guide the inner therapeutic process.
2. Group Practicum:
These meeting involve review and consolidation of the skills taught in the class that month, along with supervised dyadic practice.
- Individual Practica (done outside of the group sessions):
- 1-to-1 Counselling Practica with Lifespace Students.
- Private tutorial/counselling sessions with the Trainers to deepen understanding and personal healing.
- Private consultations with the Trainers, giving feedback on tape-recordings of one’s 1-to-1 Counselling Practica (if desired). This feedback greatly facilitates learning the skills, and is especially important for those planning on using them in a counselling practice. If a student already has outside clients, then they can bring in tape-recordings of these for feedback, as well.