Click on Current Program for a summary of the Program, Schedule, and Tuition Fees.
(Click on Courses for course descriptions.)
Lifespace is developing an exciting new Program, to start in 2018.
The focus is three-fold: personal healing, relationship strengthening, and skills development.
The personal healing includes:
- Being able to provide for your own true needs as you reach your goals and desires in your life, unhindered by your former habitual fears and blocks.
- Discovering your own truths and deepening potential, with enhanced connection and expression in both your inner and outer life.
The relationship strengthening includes:
- Co-creative forward movement and healing with the significant others in your life.
The skills (personal, relationship, and career):
- How to continue your transformational journey in daily life.
- Developing self-help skills.
- Communication and conflict resolution skills for building strong loving healing relationships.
- How to be an excellent listener and facilitator for others’ healing journey.
- Various levels are attainable for: personal relationships, human relations skills at work, and counselling.
- Being part of and learning how to build mutual-help networks.
- Having the skills and knowledge to help others, who also have the skills to help you!
Who this Program is for:
This Program is geared towards people who value:
- Personal healing and evolving as a vital aspect of life.
- Reaching out to and helping others (and who have established enough personal strength to be ready to learn skills for doing so).
- Being part of mutually healing relationships.
A Transformational Journey: for Self, Relationships, and Helping Others
- Pathways of Transformation: healing personal wounds and dysfunctional patterns—interwoven with moving forward on one’s spiritual path.
- Discovering what it means to be a whole real person—the “True Self”—connecting with ever-deepening levels of Being.
- Exploring a spiritual pathway of inner healing and transformation.
- Moving through the human developmental stages to higher and higher levels of perspective and wholeness.
- Awareness of Spiritual Principles and how they relate to and can guide the inner therapeutic process.
- Learning Skills for Facilitating Others.
- These skills are central for Transformational Personal Therapists/Counsellors.
- As well as personal transformation, a key aspect of the Program is also applying the processes to one’s daily life and relationships and to creating mutual-help networks:
- Carrying on the personal transformational processes in daily life.
- Creating transformational personal relationships.
- Creating mutual-help networks:
- Helpful for ongoing personal support and inner work.
- Helpful for creating facilitative healing communities.
- Helpful for a client base.
- This will give an overloaded Social Worker, for example, time to do the in-depth therapeutic work, while the clients handle the day-to-day issues within themselves and with each other.
- Gives clients skills for building community.
The same processes outlined in the 4 Core Courses will be taught, but in a new more integrated and streamlined manner than before, focusing on:
- Going through the process of personal transformation and healing, and learning skills for applying these in daily life. These processes include:
- Life-Centred Presence (including the compassionate witness) and Inner Resource Base.
- Transformational UnfoldingTM: how to make contact with wounded places and engage in a healing and transforming process: includes Focusing and Transformational Focusing.
- Empathy, Transformational Empathy, and Transformational Questions to help facilitate this.
- Transformational Integration of Inner PartsTM: contacting, transforming, and integrating former “Shadow” aspects of ourselves, resulting in an ever-expanding wholeness.
- Transformational Healing of Past HistoryTM.
- Transformational Belief WorkTM.
- Transformational RelationshipTM.
- Learning and applying skills for the facilitation of others’ personal transformation and healing.
- Learning consensus skills for working with larger groups.
- Creating Mutual-help networks: people learning the facilitative skills to help themselves and to help each other help themselves (helpful personally, for a client base, and for creating facilitative healing communities in general).
- Understanding Integral Theory (see Ken Wilber, The Religion of Tomorrow, 2017) and human developmental stages.
- Understanding Spiritual Principles and how they relate to and can guide the inner therapeutic process.
2. Group Practicum:
These meeting involve review and consolidation of the skills taught in the class that month, along with supervised dyadic practice.
- Individual Practica (done outside of the group sessions):
- 1-to-1 Counselling Practica with Lifespace Students.
- Private tutorial/counselling sessions with the Trainers to deepen understanding and personal healing.
- Private consultations with the Trainers, giving feedback on tape-recordings of one’s 1-to-1 Counselling Practica (if desired). This feedback greatly facilitates learning the skills, and is especially important for those planning on using them in a counselling practice. If a student already has outside clients, then they can bring in tape-recordings of these for feedback, as well.