Pathways of Transformation
Learning and Implementing a Set of Powerful Skills for:
1. Personal Transformation
Healing Journey and Transformational Unfolding of Core Being
2. Transformational Relationship
Win-Win Conflict Resolution, Healing the Past, and Relationship Strengthening
3. Transformational Community
Building a Supportive Mutual-Help Network with Basic Helping Skills
4. Transformational Counselling
Guiding Others’ In-Depth Healing and Transformational Journey
Free Seminar Saturday September 15, 2-5pm.
Contact Barbara Forest, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
We are offering a special Program that reflects our love of Community, as well as of a deeply soulful, deeply healing, inner Journey of Transformational Unfolding. This page outlines all the aspects of this current Program, including content, schedule, fees, and application procedure:
Tier 1: Personal Transformation
- A Journey of Personal Healing and Transformation.
- Personal Empowerment: learning how to guide your own self and to take the transformational processes into your daily life.
- Processes Learned:
- Processes that deeply touch you inside, bringing you more Aliveness and Wholeness—and Oneness with the beauty of your Core Self.
- Being more in touch with your ongoing intuitive wisdom: listening within.
- You are the expert on you: finding the answers to life that fit you.
- Transforming the limiting beliefs that cripple your life.
- Resolving inner conflicts; e.g., transforming the critical inner Judge into a Protector.
- Healing the past.
Tier 2: Transformational Relationship
- Relationship as a vehicle for healing and the ongoing deepening of love.
- Processes Learned:
- Communication and win-win conflict resolution skills.
- Strength realization on both individual and relationship levels.
- Healing the wounds from the past, triggered by relationship.
- Applying these skills to your own relationships.
- Keeping fresh, alive, connected, and in love!
Tier 3: Transformational Community
- Empowered community: the basic helping processes (such as, respectful listening) are skills that belong to everyone. They are also the foundation of a satisfying life—deeply connected within yourself and in your relationships.
- Forming a Mutual-Help Network with real skills to help each other through the ongoing challenges of life. Plus, supporting each other’s continuously deepening personal growth.
- Our motto: learning skills to help yourself and to help others help themselves.
- Processes Learned (for a Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills): Basic helping skills:
- Building an Inner Resource Base; Presence
- Empathic listening, respect, and constructive authenticity
- Facilitating the inner journey of connected self-realization, wholeness, and action
- Win-win conflict resolution skills
Tier 4: Transformational Counselling
- Deepening competence with the personal transformation skills, to guide a deeply healing and transformational journey for someone else.
- Additional practice and supervision would be involved (for a Certificate in Advanced Transformational Counselling Skills).
- The community Mutual-Help Network would be available as facilitative listeners for the ongoing life challenges and crises. Transformational Counsellors would then have their time freed up to do any needed additional in-depth therapeutic work.
The atmosphere is warm, non-judgmental, and encouraging. Our own personal work is an integral part of the process—learning how to help oneself, as well as others. We travel together—growing and healing—discovering a deepening and expanding wholeness. The person-centred empathic foundation of the program is also highly supportive of diversity and multiculturalism.
The training clearly spells out the processes to be learned. The focus is hands-on skills attainment, including step-by-step training manuals, demonstrations, supervised practice, and specific feedback.
The Program consists of four 6-month Core Courses given over a 2-year period.
A one-day class (10:30am–6:30pm) is held each month, on a Saturday or Sunday, 12 days per year.
Group and Individual Practica accompany these classes:
- Group Practicum:
- Individual Practica:
- 1-to-1 Home Practice 2-way sessions with fellow students (ideally at least twice a month).
- Private tutorials with the Trainers to deepen understanding and personal healing.
- Private consultations with the Trainers, giving feedback on tape-recordings of the 1-to-1 Counselling Practica with Lifespace Students (if desired—required for Certificate attainment). This feedback greatly facilitates learning the skills, and is especially important for those planning on using them in a counselling practice. If a student already has outside clients, then they can bring in tape-recordings of these for feedback, as well.
Schedules can be re-negotiated, if all agree, once the group has gathered.
Keep in touch for upcoming Intro Seminar dates and any changes to the Course Schedules.
FREE INTRO SEMINAR & PROGRAM ORIENTATION with Barbara Forest, PhD:
Saturday September 15, 2-5 pm, 2018.
(Click on Orientation for details.)
(Location for this and the Courses is in the High Park area, Toronto, and is confirmed when you register.)
RSVP and register at: email@example.com
- Monthly classes, 10:30am–6:30pm (on Saturday or Sunday) with Barbara Forest & Co-Leaders.
- Starting in October 2018, each of the 4 Core Courses lasts for 6 months, held in this order:
- 901 (Foundation Skills): October 2018–March 2019. Starts with 3 Saturdays in 2018: Oct. 13, Nov. 10, Dec. 8 (schedule can be re-negotiated, if all agree, once the group has gathered).
- 934 (Deepened Transformational Tools, Healing the Past and Releasing Limiting Beliefs): April–September 2019.
- 914 (Win-Win Relationship Skills, Healing and Strengthening): October 2019–March 2020.
- 923 (Integrate Inner Parts, Shadow Work, Dreams, Expressive Arts): April–September 2020.
- Each course has a specific transformational focus. However, all material is interwoven, integrated, and responsive to students’ needs. (Click on Courses for more details.)
- Make-ups are available if any class has to be missed. (Students can listen to recordings of the class session, plus make-up the practice aspects with fellow students.)
- We have made 934 the second course, because of the currently forming group’s wish for tools for trauma work.
- Monthly 4-hour Group Practicum meetings to be arranged as suits the group.
All tuition fees are income tax deductible and HST exempt, since Lifespace is certified with Human Resources & Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) as an Educational Institution.
Tuition Fees for 1 Year of Group Classes (Program is a total of 2 years):
$3840 each year for Courses [12 full days with Barbara Forest + Co-Leader(s), and 12 half-day group practica with Co-Leader(s)].
Note that the Group Practicum is an integral part of each Course and is included in the Course tuition fee.
There is also one-time materials fee of $50.
Class size is small.
Courses are paid for as you go. Each costs $1920 [for 6 full days with Barbara Forest + Co-Leader(s), and 6 half-day group practica with Co-Leader(s)]. A non-refundable deposit of $220 is due 1 month ahead of each course start date. The remaining $1700 is due at the beginning of each 6-month course. No course refunds once a course has begun.
Students re-taking a Course to refresh or deepen their skills can do so for a discount of $720 off.
Lifespace reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule for insufficient enrollment or for other unanticipated reasons. In the case of cancellation by Lifespace, you will have the course fee and deposit returned to you.
Individual consultations and sessions are an additional fee and are paid for as you have them. The number of hours are flexible according to your need and the level of skill you wish to obtain.
Individual Tape Consultations with Barbara Forest:
You bring in tape-recordings of your counselling work with fellow students or clients, for feedback and to demonstrate your skills.
These are essential if you wish to develop in-depth counselling skills.
These are required, if you wish to obtain Certificates of Counselling Skills Acquisition for the courses.
15 hours minimum (ten 1.5h-sessions) over the 2 years, or, more hours if needed to show skills acquisition.
The cost for this per year (at Barbara’s discounted rate) would be: $144 X 7.5h = $1080 (5 sessions @ 1.5h = 7.5h)
Individual Personal Counselling Sessions (and 1-to-1 Tutorials in the Skills):
It is very beneficial to have a few personal sessions with Barbara Forest, &/or a Co-Leader, &/or with other Lifespace Counsellors.
This is a chance to do deep personal work with experienced counsellors (at a discounted rate). The tutorial part involves discussing the processes you have just experienced.
Barbara only does 1.5h sessions (so that a lot can be accomplished and to be efficient with her time).
Her discounted rate for Lifespace students is $144/h (her regular fee is $180-200/h).
Co-Leader fees are set individually, and vary from $50/h, and can be for 1h.
If you had, per year, 5 personal sessions @ 1.5h with Barbara, this would be another $1080. These can be supplemented or replaced by sessions with Co-Leader(s), though I would recommend having at least some sessions with Barbara. (You will also have chances to work with her in class as a volunteer for a demo session.) Example with a Co-Leader charging $50/h: 5 one-hour sessions would be: $50 X 5h = $250.
You will also be practising each skill you learn with fellow students (in your monthly 4h Practicum with Co-Leader(s) and in Home Practice). A minimum of two 2-way Home Practice Sessions per month is recommended for ideal learning (2 sessions as the helper, and 2 as the helpee). This will keep your personal healing work ongoing.
- Sending us the Online Application Form (no obligation). (Click on Online Application Form.)
- Discussing your background and goals with Barbara Forest to ensure a fit. To set up a time, contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attending a Free Seminar & Program Orientation (if possible).
- Having a private counselling session with Barbara Forest (at her discounted Lifespace student rate) to experience personally the transformational processes.
- Once you are accepted into the Program, you give a non-refundable deposit of $220 for the first course, and obtain your reading list and Training Manual (a one-time $50 materials fee).